Mark J. Berumen
Mark Berumen is a graduate of the Sturm College of Law at the University of Denver. Mr. Berumen is admitted to the bar of the State of Colorado, the Federal District Court for the District of Colorado and the 10th Circuit Court of Appeals.
Upon graduating from the University of Denver, Mr. Berumen began working for Sen. Olympia J. Snowe (R-ME) as her Legislative Counsel. In this position, Mr. Berumen advised Senator Snowe on issues ranging from Aviation, Energy, and Labor and Employment. Mr. Berumen also advised Senator Snowe during the historical impeachment trial of President William J. Clinton.
After working for Senator Snowe, Mr. Berumen returned to his home state of Colorado where he worked for two of the most well known corporations in Colorado. Upon his return, Mr. Berumen began to work for Frontier Airlines, Inc. as Counsel and after a short period of time was promoted to the position of Assistant General Counsel. After working for Frontier Airlines for approximately three years, he moved to Qwest Communications (“Qwest”). While at Qwest, Mr. Berumen worked exclusively on employee claims of discrimination against the company. Mr. Berumen investigated several hundred claims of discrimination and wrote responses on behalf of Qwest to charges of discrimination filed with the United States Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and various state Civil Rights Commissions.
In 2006, Mr. Berumen decided to leave the comfortable confines of the corporate world and opened the Berumen Law Firm, P.C. where he has had the pleasure of representing numerous clients with a variety of claims.
Mr. Berumen looks forward to working with you.
Areas of Practice
- 40% Employment Law, Plaintiff
- 30% Personal Injury
- 20% Family Law
- 10% Criminal Law
- 90% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Colorado, 1998
- U.S. District Court District of Colorado, 1999
- U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit, 2010
- University of Denver Sturm College of Law, Denver, Colorado
- J.D. - December, 1997
- University of Northern Colorado, Greeley, Colorado
- B.A. - 1990
- Major: Journalism
- National Employment Lawyers Association
Professional Associations and Memberships
- National Employment Lawyers Association, 2006 - Present
- American Bar Association, 2009 - Present
- Plaintiff’s Employment Lawyers Association, 2006 - Present
- Colorado Bar Association , 1999 - Present
Past Employment Positions
- Qwest Communications, Manager Legal Affairs, 2003 - 2005
- Frontier Airlines, Asst. General Counsel, 2001 - 2003
- Office of U.S. Senator Olympia J. Snowe, Legislative Counsel, 1998 - 1999
- Sigma Pi